‘I would personally recommend learning Spanish on line. It is very convenient and fits well into my busy schedule without missing any classes’
The instructor is a wonderful Spanish teacher and the program is great! I love being able to schedule lessons on my own time. It’s great with a busy schedule to be able to take lessons at home at my convenience!
New York, US
I have been learning Spanish via the internet for a year now. It is an excellent way to have a lesson live with your teacher and from the comfort of your own home. I wouldn’t want to have it any other way now…
It fits in with my busy schedule and I’m amazed as to how our two screens connect so that I can see what my teacher is writing. I have continued to learn the language in the same way if not better than when I was attending classes. I would highly recommend this method of teaching.”
New Jersey, US
I have been taking Spanish lessons with my teacher for a little over 2 years now. My learning experience has been extremely positive. The teacher provides an excellent class environment. Class time is always well divided into every day conversation…
Class time is always well divided into every day conversation, correction of homework and learning a new verb tense or grammatical concept. The instructor knows how to make each class interesting by always keeping each lesson fresh with new elements such as: listening to a song or story even visiting via the internet an exciting hispanic city. It has been a great learning experience for me and my sintructor is most definitely an excellent teacher.
I feel very fortunate to have “found” my current teacher approximately 14 months ago. I had a self taught beginner’s knowledge of the spanish language, but feel now that after my weekly sessions…
I had a self taught beginner’s knowledge of the Spanish language, but feel now that after my weekly sessions that I have progressed up to a functioning intermediate level. The instructor’s method of teaching is very professional yet relaxed. He uses a computer course with visual images which helps to cement words and concepts in your mind, in conjunction with constant Spanish conversation about subjects that are mutually interesting. I really enjoy my sessions and am really excited about one day becoming fully bilingual in this wonderful language. I really feel that I have gotten great value for my money with my instructor.
With the audio recording of our classes, my Spanish improved 10 folds!
I tried watching TV in Spanish and I can’t really understand despite the visual cues. The people speak too fast, they use verb tenses above my level and they use words I know nothing about. It ends up being frustrating and discouraging…
It ends up being frustrating and discouraging.
The Internet Spanish Teacher, uses an impressive language learning tool: a digital audio recording of the class.
When I meet my teacher for a Spanish class, we make a MP3 audio recording that can be played back on my computer, on my iPod or it can be burned onto a CD.
Listening to the audio recording accelerated my Spanish ten fold. Here is why:
- During the class I don’t bother taking notes, my attention is all on listening and practicing.
- Then, the recording gives me an opportunity to revise and practice, without efforts, what I have learned. I listen to the class recording in the car, on bike rides or when I go for a walk.
- Memory is strengthened by a multitude of events that happens in real situations. Unlike popular audio help for language learning, where there is some scenario with strangers talking, this recording is my own class experience. So because it’s my own story, a real situation, I remember better.
- Easy listening – It’s guaranteed you’ll understand the words!
- The teacher speaks according to my level. He doesn’t speak too fast. He uses words I know or teaches me new ones along with an explanation. He uses verb tense within my capabilities… and I get one more time the explanation for a question I asked.
- Listening to the language model – the class recording helps me practice hearing the intonation in a sentence or even a word. I get the correct pronunciation from the teacher’s native language and the correct grammar through hearing properly constructed sentences.
- Every time I listen to it, I’m amazed of the things I didn’t get at the time! Because listening to the recording is not as intense as in the class, I often hear things I missed in the class, like a correction in a sentence or simply words I didn’t catch at the time of the class.
I usually listen to the class recording on my iPod (a Shuffle) that I plug in the car audio system. It is like casually listening to a radio show where I can still pay attention to the road since I heard the material in the actual class.
On bike rides or walking with earphones, I would suggest to only insert one earphone so you can hear the traffic.
French Language Teacher
The instructor’s approach to teaching Spanish is remarkable for three reasons: He offers an effective, well organized methodology, an open environment for learning and a relaxed pace that ensures a natural transition to speaking and understanding a second language.
Anna Sonser, Ph.D